PerspectAbility is a small non-profit with a big mission – to bring neuroinclusive employment, transition services and housing to Northwest Arkansas! As the new Executive Director, you will be given the opportunity to do great things in the community, and given the freedom to make this position successful using your own dynamic skillset and experience! Hours are flexible and much of the work can be done from your own home office or neighborhood coffee shop! If you have non-profit experience and believe in BEING the CHANGE, this role may be for you! Please check us out at www.PerspectAbility.org or look us up on Facebook to learn more about the organization.
Executive Director must have a willingness to understand and embrace the organization’s mission:
Bridging the gaps in residential options, continuing education, and quality support for independent living of neurodiverse adults while promoting self-advocacy, educating the public, and encouraging meaningful interactions with an inclusive community.
The Executive Director will oversee programs and administration of the organization, under guidance of the Board, and will act with the best interests of the non-profit in mind. The incumbent will have a personal value system that fosters an environment of trust, honesty and human dignity at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Director will be responsible to work with the board to fulfill the non-profit’s mission. Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage the daily operations of the organization in a manner that supports the mission as defined by the Board.
- Communicate effectively with the Board, volunteers, staff and/or committees and in a timely manner, providing any information necessary to the operation of the organization.
- Supervise and lead teams of staff and volunteers (seasonal and/or event-based). Oversee and approve contracts for services and/or employment.
- Propose, plan and coordinate events, projects and activities to support the mission.
- Create, organize and manage fundraising events and opportunities. Seek ways to bring in and recognize donors. Engage in developing additional revenues.
- Identify committees and organizations with which to align and participate to further the cause of the organization. Establish and maintain relationships that strategically contribute to the mission.
- Facilitate marketing and communication, including social media presence. Be an active spokesperson for the organization, representing PerspectAbility and its related operations to the media and/or the public as needed.
- Contribute to strategic planning that will facilitate fulfilling the organization’s annual goals and carry the mission into the future.
- Prepare and submit monthly financial statements, operating within a defined budget. Propose changes to budget as needed.
- Represent the organization in the community, providing positive messaging and imaging by being active and visible in local private and public sectors.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors.
This position will require local travel. Occasional overnight travel may be required (<5%).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred. Degree considerations include Business, Business Management, Human Resources, Non-Profit and Government, Communications and/or Operations Management.
- Competent and high integrity leader. Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Two or more years’ experience in non-profit management, event planning and/or fundraising. Prefer familiarity working with a Board.
- Effective Communicator. Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong public speaking ability.
- Experience in leading teams, projects and/or staff.
- Demonstrable experience in generating revenue streams and/or fundraising. Excellent donor relation skills.
- Skills in relationship building and influencing.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in financial planning, budgets and/or strategic planning.
- People skills – Ability to work and influence across multiple disciplines, including knowledge and use of motivational language and ability to see others’ perspective.
- Information skills – Ability to use or acquire advanced research skills in order to obtain the information needed to complete tasks. Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with capacity to learn and adapt to new software systems quickly.
Submit resumes and inquiries to email@example.com.